In 2011, Colorado State University underwent a University Strategic Planning process.
The Impact Statement was presented to the President’s Cabinet in February of 2016. On May 16, 2017 the President’s Cabinet approved the Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus policy and recommended its adoption by President Tony Frank. President Frank approved the policy with resounding support. The policy officially went into effect June 15th, 2017. This was the cumulation of a multi-year process by a multidisciplinary group of CSU faculty, staff, and students dedicated to creating a campus design policy that reflects our commitment to excellence and inclusion.
The Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus Committee (IPVCC) includes representatives from the Office of the Vice President for Diversity, Facilities Management, Student Disability Center, Assistive Technology Resource Center, Student Diversity Programs and Services, Parking and Transportation Services, student leadership, and others as needed.
“The mission of the Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus Committee (IPVCC) is to promote Colorado State University’s commitment to creating and sustaining a welcoming, accessible and inclusive campus that enhances usability for everyone and helps create an environment in which we support, protect and respect rich dimensions of diversity. In meeting these goals, the committee helps assure that all individuals can fully access and enjoy the benefits of our facilities, educational opportunities, and information.”
The Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus Committee is charged with:
- Creating and maintaining inclusive design standards and guidelines using the Facilities Management process
- Reviewing new construction and renovation projects’ compliance with these inclusivity standards
- Ensuring that an annual or periodic audit is conducted of existing buildings for compliance and to identify high-priority needs
- Considering instances of hardship and requests for waivers
Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus Committee Members
- Hosam Ahmad, Administration, Housing & Dining Services, (970) 491-5521
- Nico Gowdy, Alternative Text Coordinator
- Martha Coleman, Planning Specialist, Facilities Management, (970) 491-0101
- Aaron Fodge, Manager of Alternative Transportation, (970) 491-2823
- Jessica Kramer, Landscape Architect & Environmental Graphic Designer, Facilities Management, (970) 657-3919
- Joe Tiner, Accommodation Specialist, Student Disability Center
- Jennifer Garvey, Assistant Director of Information Technology
- James Peth, Assistant Professor, Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Marla Roll, Director, Assistive Technology Resource Center
- Terry Schlicting, Accommodation/Advocacy Specialist, Student Disability Center, (970) 491-6385
- Allison Sylte, PR Writer and Specialist, University Marketing and Communications
- Ria Vigil (Chair), Assistant Director for Inclusive Excellence